Encinal church was built by local villagers from the small village of Encinal and Fr. Fridolin Schuster OFM. Construction on the church was started on August 1920 and in August 1921 was complete. The Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary was dedicated on September 8th by the Archbishop Most Rev. Albert T. Daeger OFM, D. D. The Patron Saints feast day is on September 8th.
Encinal is located 15 miles northwest of Laguna and 6 miles east of Cuebero.