Main Contact Information:
To provide comprehensive Public Health Nursing services that will focus on disease prevention and health promotion; to enhance the health and well-being of Pueblo of Laguna community residents.
Scope of Work
The PHN program provides field based nursing services directly to the community and provides oversight/case management to field patients in their homes and providing direct health and medical care. The PHN is responsible for management and development of methodologies for the provision of comprehensive PHN services that will focus on disease prevention and health promotion as well as direct patient care services. The PHN will explore coordination and case management with Indian Health Service, Tribal and private services utilizing industry and evidence based practices. The PHN program targets community needs and provides specific outreach, group and individual health education, service coordination, follow-up and teaching to individuals, families, and groups encompassing all age groups.
Program & Services:
- Coordinates Annual Public Health Flu Clinic
- Responds to Public Health Emergencies
- Provides Home Visits to Patient(s)
- Coordinates Care with Medical Director & Patien Care Coordination
- Provides Public Health Education & Information
- Manages Patient Medication
- Serves as part of the Community Coordinated Care Team (CCT)
- Provides Direct Medical Care under SOW & RN/LPN Scope