Wood Hauling Rules and Regulations:
- Wood Hauling Permits are only for dead and downed wood.
- Only dead and downed Juniper and Pinon can be harvested.
- Transport of wood can only be done with a Wood Hauling Permit.
- A limit of two (2) cords of wood can be harvested on a single Wood Hauling Permit.
- Harvested wood cannot be sold unless a “Wood Sale Permit” is purchased.
- Up to nine (9) cords of wood and five (5) Wood Sale Permits can be received per individual per calendar year.
- Live Wood Permits are for cutting live trees.
- Wood harvesting will be closed when big game hunts are active in specified units.
- Standing dead trees or snags that are marked “save” or “NO” cannot be cut. (They are left for wildlife habitat).
- Individuals leaving trash or damaging any natural resources will be fined and/or lose wood hauling privileges.
If you have questions, contact the ENRD at (505) 552.7512.