Wood Hauling Guidelines:
- No wood permit is required to harvest wood at this time – until further notice.
- A Laguna Tribal ID or CIB will be required at the wood cutting site. Tribal IDs or CIBs will be checked by POL Open Space Officers. Failure to provide your ID or CIB will result in having the wood confiscated.
- Only dead or downed Juniper, Pinon and Pine can be harvested.
- No wood hauling in units where there are scheduled hunts (see monthly calendars below).
- No wood selling of any kind is permitted.
- Transport of wood can only be done with your POL Tribal ID or CIB.
- Standing trees or snags that are marked “Save” or “No” should not be cut. They are left for the wildlife habitat.
- Individuals leaving trash or unnecessarily damaging other natural resources will be fined and could lose wood hauling privileges.
- Tree stumps must be cut 4 inches or lower to the ground.
If you have questions, contact the ENRD at (505) 552.7512.