Laguna Housing Complex
11 Rodeo Drive, Building B
Laguna, NM 87026
Phone: (505) 552-1200 or (505) 552-1218
Fax: (505) 552-6590
To achieve excellence in Public Service implementing Workforce Values in department efficiency and positive reinforcement on behalf of the Pueblo of Laguna Tribal Government.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Director's office provides leadership and administrative support for department programs that serve the Pueblo of Laguna with Engineering, Construction Management and Facilities Maintenance services for the Government, Communities/Villages, Departments and Tribal Entities.
REGULATIONS AND POLICIES
The Department is governed by:
- Tribal Government Administrative Policies, POL Fiscal Management Policies and POL Personnel Manual
- Capital Improvement Plan - Process and Protocol
- Federal funding awards, Federal Highways Administration, Specifications for Construction of Roads and Bridges on Federal Highway Projects (FP-03, US Customary Units), NFPA 5000, Federal Building Requirements
- Public Law 93-638 Self Determination Act
- NM State Department of Finance Administration, Office of Indian Affairs and Office of Special Trustee for Management, Reporting and Funding Allocation requirements
- NEPA and FAR Regulations
- Pueblo of Laguna adoption of Building Codes and Life Safety
The Department of Public Works - Director's Program provides the following:
- Annual revisions to Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) Manual
- Short Term Administration Plan
- Customer Service Excellence
- Budget Management & Cost Reduction Initiatives
- BIA Roads Maintenance Program
- Transportation Planning Program
The Department of Public Works - Director's Program - values professionalism and customer service. Department employees will maintain this aptitude in dealing with those being served.
CALLS FOR ASSISTANCE
Calls for service are handled by this process: receiving the call, evaluating the nature of the need or request and providing recommendations to the caller. Should there be a need to continue more dialogue, appointments will be made.
- Appointments should be verified with the Department Administrative Assistant(s) prior to final commitments to the person requesting assistance.
The Director's Office has an open door policy, receiving, assisting the tribal administration, tribal programs and the general membership as requested. The response time on most requests for service is based on the type of service and the nature of the request.